August has been quite a month of learning and contemplation for me. I am very much enjoying Pastor John’s sermon series from 2nd Timothy. Things I have picked up on so far are:
- Our faith can grow stronger generation to generation. I am reminded of the words of the song, “The Footprints we leave behind.” Am I passing on to my children and grandchildren an example and a heritage of seeing God active in my life, my home, at all times?
- 7 For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline. 8 So do not be ashamed of the testimony about our Lord...We need to be bold for our love for the Lord. To be ready and willing to share our testimony, to live a life of love and self-discipline. For me, this requires daily prayer asking for the willpower and self-discipline.
- We have to be on guard that we do not compromise our faith, our ethics, our morals. There are so many times that Satan is working to put temptations in front of us that would ask us to make compromises to our core beliefs.
- We have to be willing to give grace (unmerited favor freely given) just as God grants grace to us.
I am excited for things happening for Maple Run;
- Ben & Aubrey are going to be working with our youth and asking other members of our church to assist monthly.
- We have written for a grant for a new ministry outreach for the 18-24 year old group. This is a group that sometimes gets lost during late high school and college. Please pray about this new ministry opportunity. More information to come as the opportunity develops.
- Our Give Kids the World group is working on making blankets for the families that visit the GKTW Resort, they are well over 50 made and ready to go. I heard last night that a couple that attended last March, from outside our church, has been making pillows for the pillow tree and has sent well over 100 since our last trip. What an awesome outreach and life changing opportunity.
Go With God,