I so appreciate the sermons that Pastor John has been sharing this month. My interpretation of what he is telling us is to consistently think and then live a life that honors God. What does this look like?
- To be unified in words and actions, Ephesians 5: 15-21, tells us to be careful how we live, not unwise but as wise. We are to make the most of every opportunity to share Christ and to do good work. We are to submit to one another out of reverence for Christ.
- To not compromise the gospel, to be self-controlled, to not malign the word of God. We are to handle criticism with faith, love & endurance. Pastor John referred us to Titus 2, to read and understand.
- We need to Act Justly, Love Mercy & Walk Humbly with our Lord, Micah 6:8.
- We need to be authentic and live out our faith by being encouragers and lifting each other up. We need to help teach others by modeling a consistent lifestyle so that individuals see our walk the same as our talk.
- Approximately 1140 Apple Pies made October 7, for missions.
- The Rosman fundraiser that brought in @ 500 individuals to our Fieldhouse and far exceeded our goal of $10,000 to help with Chris’s medical expenses.
- The youth group helping one of our widow’s with work that needed done at their home.
- The new ministry for our young adults that continues to grow and develop.
- The families that were served through the Friends Closet and the wonderful breakfast they were served.
- So much more that could be listed that I don’t either know about or have failed to recall.
Things we are working on that have not been mentioned yet are:
- Enclosing the loft area. The design includes 3 windows across the wall, insulated for sound barrier, a new projector and some additional seating. Please see Mike Horsley, Pastor John or Brian for any additional details. Work should take about 4 weeks and should begin soon.
- Researching cost and installation of a chair lift to the 2nd floor via the back stair case. More information will follow as we develop this concept.
Hope you all have a Blessed Day, Week & Month,